If you have made up your mind to have a destination wedding in Hawaii, congratulations! The next question will be, “Where at in Hawaii?” If you’ve never been there, how will you know? The world wide web is filled with tons of information about Hawaii and destination weddings, so with a lot of research and some patience you can find a wedding venue that you and your future spouse can enjoy memories of for years and years to come.
The main islands of Hawaii are: Big Island, Lanai, Maui, and Oahu. I would like to take a look at each island and point out some of the locations in which one could consider as their wedding venue.
Is the only island on Hawaii that has an active volcano, how about that as a ceremony backdrop?
– The Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden is located near Hilo, and it has a wedding venue available that overlooks the Onomea Bay.
– Mahinui Wedding Pavilion is located at the entrance of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. It has a covered wooden platform that is surrounded by rainforest. They have many wedding packages for the bride and groom to select from to make it an experience to remember.
– The Na’Aina Kai Botanical Garden, is located in Kauai. It offers a variety of outdoor sites for couples to select from along with waterfalls, wild forest and beautiful trees as the landscape. You may recognize some of the waterfalls in this area from there shots on popular shows such as Fantasy Island, and Jurassic Park.
– Puu Pehe also known as sweetheart rock is a beautiful and photographic location right before sunset.
– Garden of the Gods is also known as keahiakawelo. It has a beautiful red-rock landscape.
– Kula Botanical Gardens has many usable wedding sites along with a pond and two gazebos.
– If your up for a helicopter ride, charter with Sunshine Helicopter to be whisked away on a private beach or cliff-top for a ceremony that is scenic and secluded.
– Waimanalo Beach is a beautiful white-sand beach located a short drive from Honolulu. The area offers a wide variety of backdrops to exceed the expectations of any married couple to be.
There is definitely more to Hawaii than the popular locations of Honolulu and Waikki Beach. It is a beautiful state and they are happy to accommodate weddings from couples all around the world.
Sources: Donna Heiderstadt Destination Weddings and Honeymoons
The Hawaii Tourism Authority at goHawaii.com