Foundation primers work as a base, which not only allows your makeup to go on smoothly but also allows it to last a long time. Foundation primers also work to prevent clogged pores, which are a major consequence in an array of skin issues such as breakouts and irritation. When you apply a foundation primer before your foundation, you will not only notice results, but see a huge difference. There are so many foundation primers in the beauty market today, so I have decided to narrow them down to only the top 10 of 2011.
10. Tarte Clean Slate. Searching for a beauty essential can take a long time, especially when it comes to foundation primer. One of the best foundation primers is definitely Tarte’s Clean Slate. I have to admit that this foundation primer is ridiculously long-lasting, as it made my makeup stay on all day. I also enjoyed this foundation primer because it worked as a sealer to protect my skin, as it maintained my skin’s natural hydration. Another reason to love Tarte Clean Slate is the fact that it emphasizes on the natural concept, so it is free of parabens, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, phthalates, and petro-chemicals. Infused with avocado oil, as well as, safflower seed oil, Vitamin A, B1, B2, D, and E, among other extracts and antioxidants, I would say that this primer is incredibly healthy for your skin. It is great for all skin types, as well. The benefits are outstanding and this product truly does demonstrate why it is one of the top 10 foundation primers of 2011.Tarte’s Clean Slate is available at Sephora or your nearest Tarte retailer for $30. Is natural always better? It appears so in this case. Maybe the best things in life are not free. Maybe they are natural.
9. LORAC aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer. LORAC is a beauty brand that I discovered a few years ago when I turned on the television and landed on QVC. Although I consider myself a makeup enthusiast, I have grown an appreciation recently for natural makeup products including this brilliant addition to LORAC. If you are in need of a wonderful foundation primer, I definitely recommend LORAC’s aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer. It is a nice gel formula and blends into your skin like a second skin. As it works to prevent makeup from fading and creasing, it truly does allow your makeup to last a long time. Another reason to love this primer is the fact that it is natural and free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, and phthalates. This foundation priming product is also free of silicones and oils, so it is outstanding for every skin type, as well as, skin tone. This primer is one of the few in the beauty market to possess sodium hyaluronate, which works to hydrate the skin, while improving it. LORAC’s aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer is available at your nearest Sephora or LORAC retailer for $31. If at first you don’t succeed, purchase an everyday beauty need. If the sales associates give you flak, just tell them that you want to where you can find LORAC. Haha!
8. Boscia Skin Perfecting Primer. Are the best things in life natural? In most cases, not always. But today they are, especially when it comes to this foundation primer. In If you know anything about Boscia skincare or well aware of what it represents, you should already know that it is a natural brand, so it is free of parabens, synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, phthalates, GMOs, and triclosan. This foundation primer is also oil-free and works great with every skin type, as well as, skin tone. I love the fact that it isn’t heavy, but incredibly effective. Boscia Skin Perfecting Primer costs $28 and is available at Sephora or your nearest Boscia retailer. I have to say this primer definitely proves why it is one of the best foundation primers of 2011. I don’t think I can elaborate enough because everything that I have to say is good.
7. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15. When shopping at Sephora in the Tyson’s Corner Mall located in McLean, VA, I had the opportunity to discover this product. This foundation primer is not only long-lasting, formulated with naturally derived minerals that work together to maintain your skin’s health, as well as, improve it. I love Hourglass’s Veil Mineral Primer because it is water resistant, so you can go swimming or even workout while wearing it. If you are into natural products, you are going to appreciate this product, as it is free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, as well as, dyes and phthalates. There is a lot of protection when it comes to this primer too. You don’t have to imagine the possibilities, as they exist. This product is exclusive and available for $52 at your nearest Sephora. Also, if you purchase from Sephora’s official website, it actually ships for free. Who can resist a primer that delivers benefits, while improving your skin? I don’t know about you, but I certainly can’t.
6. La Mer The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid. La Mer is a very high-end, upscale beauty brand that works with not only benefiting ones’ skin, but improving ones’ skin overtime. La Mer is sold only in the finest department stores and through private estates. One of the best products by La Mer is definitely it’s protecting fluid. Not only will your makeup last-long, your skin will remain hydrated and nourished. This primer is so great for your skin, that it actually improves it, as well. Infused with real, bona fide tourmaline malachite gemstones, this incredible addition to La Mer proves why it is one of the best primers of 2011. It is a true antioxidant on it’s own that delivers real benefits. La Mer’s The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid is lightweight, as well as, oil-free and works great with every skin type. It is transparent, so it works well with every skin tone. You will actually notice results within the first two weeks of use. You can purchase La Mer The SPF 30 UV Protecting Fluid for $65 at your nearest Neiman Marcus or wherever La Mer cosmetics are sold. This is clearly one of the best foundation primers of the year.
5. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Some of the best products in the world are right in front of your eyes. I first discovered this product several years ago, when I received a sample. After using several samples, I decided to buy it. It is not only long-lasting, but it works to create the ultimate base without fading or creasing throughout the day. Possessing an array of antioxidants, such as Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea, Vitamin A, and more, it is definitely a foundation primer that benefits more than just a statement it makes. The marketing concept of this foundation primer emphasizes on using this product to create the perfect canvas for foundation application. Although I have to admit that niche lured me in, when I realized that I had the same opinion as the cinco, I just knew it was an amazing foundation primer. If you can think of an artist using the right canvas for his latest oil, you can truly relate to how exceptionally wonderful this foundation primer is. There are an array of colors available, as you can buy this product (which many tend to do) clear. You can purchase Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primer at Sephora or your nearest Smashbox retailer for $49. What is all the hype behind this foundation primer? A lot of people in the world use it for a reason and now, I see why.
4. Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer. Every time I discover a foundation primer that I love, I always make sure to recommend it to someone. Make Up For Ever is one of those primers. Make Up For Ever’s HD Microperfecting Primer is incredibly long-lasting, creating a protective layer to your skin before foundation application. It is also extremely nourishing and doesn’t dry out or irritate the skin. Available in neutral (which is clear) and six other shades, you are destined to not only love, but appreciate this foundation primer. This fabulous addition to Make Up For Ever is also oil-free and works great for every skin type. Make Up For Ever’s HD Microperfecting Primer is available at Sephora for $32. It is an exclusive product, so you will only be able to find the product there. You can also shop Sephora’s website, in case you live far away from the internationally known beauty boutique. If you have searched and searched for the ultimate foundation primer, look no further as your search is about to come to an end. I can guarantee that Make Up For Ever’s is one of the best you will ever use.
3. Chanel Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base. Searching for the best makeup can actually turn into mathematical conjecture. Ok, maybe not as complex, but just as overwhelming and time consuming. If you are searching for an incredible foundation primer, look no further as Chanel’s Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base is it. What I love most about this foundation primer is the fact that foundation glides on effortlessly, as if your face works as a model for a royal oil. This primer is oil free. It doesn’t dry out your skin, so it suitable for every skin type. This is one of the few primers that possess “Osmopure” which is a rare anti-pollutant that works to not only protect, but improve the skin. I love this fabulous addition by Chanel because it contains an array of antioxidants, including an array of extracts such as marine. There is no fragrance in Chanel’s Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base. Chanel’s Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base is available for $42 at your nearest Neiman Marcus or Chanel retailer. Chanel maybe known for possessing some of the finest fashion couture in the 20th and 21st century, among many eras to come, but Chanel cosmetics are just as magnificent and this product clearly demonstrates why.
2. Trish McEvoy Even Skin Face Primer. Recently, when shopping at Nordstrom in Dallas, TX I had the opportunity to try this product, of which I bought because I enjoyed it so much. I wore this product when I was standing in the scorching hot sun in downtown Dallas and let me tell you, my makeup managed to stay put. I was actually shocked, as out of the numerous foundation primers out in the beauty world today, this one stayed on longer than most. Trish McEvoy’s Even Skin Face Primer not only kept my makeup on all day, but it allowed me to maintain my skin’s natural level of hydration. I did not break out from this product, which is a great thing. This foundation primer is also oil-free and works great with every skin type. Whether you have dry skin or oily skin, this foundation primer is right for you. You can purchase Trish McEvoy Even Skin Face Primer for $32 at your nearest Nordstrom or wherever Trish McEvoy cosmetics are sold. Want to use the best? The time is now to do so, as Trish McEvoy’s Even Skin Face Primer is one of the best foundation primers of 2011.
— and the number one foundation primer of 2011 is —
1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. Searching for the perfect foundation primer is one of the hardest tasks, especially if you are a makeup enthusiast or wear makeup enough that you make it an effort to purchase a foundation. The good thing is, your search is over. Out of all of the foundation primers I have tried, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is definitely the best one. It is was also one of the most long-lasting primers, I have used. It was incredibly hydrating, but not oily. It also didn’t dry out my skin. One thing I love about this foundation primer is the fact that it is oil-free and works well with every skin type, as well as, skin tone. Another reason to love Laura Mercier’s Foundation Primer is the fact that it is infused with vitamin A, C, and E, as well as, an array of antioxidants and natural extracts. If you can imagine buffing your fingernails with the finest buffer before applying your nail polish, this is what this foundation primer is to the face. Laura Mercier’s Foundation Primer is available at your nearest Sephora for $30. It is also available at your nearest Laura Mercier retailer. If you are looking to use the best foundation primer of 2011, the time is now to do so, because this is it.