I remember when I first discovered eyeshadow primers. Ever since, when I plan on attending a party or any kind of event, I always make sure that I apply an eyeshadow primer before applying my eyeshadow, as well as, eyeliner. Eyeshadow primers are used not only to keep your eyeshadow from fading and creasing, but your eyeliner, as well. One thing is undeniable, eyeshadow primer is a true beauty essential. There are so many eyeshadow priming products in the beauty world today, so I have decided to reduce the numerous eyeshadow primers to only the top 10 best of 2011.
10. Styli-Style Eyeshadow Base. When shopping at Cherry Culture, I decided to purchase this excellent extra to Styli-Style, the Styli-Style Eyeshadow Base. This eyeshadow primer is unbelievably universal because the color is not only a sheer nude, but it possesses a hydration that is not only moisturizing, but oil-free, so it is great for every skin type. It is also long-lasting. You can purchase Styli-Style Eyeshadow Base for just $8.50 at your nearest Styli-Style retailer or Cherry Culture. Under $10 for one of the greatest eyeshadow primers in the world today. How cool is that? If you are a makeup enthusiast, more than likely you have heard of Styli-Style, however; if you are not or just becoming one, you can discover they are a makeup brand that possesses some of beauty’s finest best kept secrets.
9. Estee Lauder Double Wear Base. Recently, when shopping at Sak’s 5th Avenue in Pittsburgh, PA I had the bliss of discovering this little gem by Estee Lauder. The sales woman was rather attentive and convinced me to allow her to give me a routine makeover, even though I had already applied my makeup before shopping. I was very amazed when I noticed that hours after the makeover (which was early afternoon) had lasted without a hint of fading or creasing throughout the day. If you are looking for a great primer, you are going to love Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Base. This eyeshadow primer is very durable, yet long-lasting, as well as, diminish proof. The shade is nude, so it works great for every skin tone. This eyeshadow priming product is guaranteed to last at least 15 hours. Estee Lauder Double Wear Base can be purchased for just $15 at your local Estee Lauder beauty counter.
8. MAC Prep + Prime Eye. I first discovered this incredible addition to MAC cosmetics when shopping at Belk at the Georgia Square Mall in Athens, GA. The MAC counter was so busy, but the sales associates still had time to help me, as they were comparatively prompt and conscientious. After contemplating and debating what to purchase, the saleswoman convinced me into getting a makeover. She applied the MAC Prep + Prime eyeshadow primer before the eyeshadow and eyeliner in the early afternoon hours of Eastern Standard Time. When I noticed that by 10 pm at night my eyeliner, as well as, eyeshadow did not smudge in the Georgia heat, I was so impressed. I have to say, I love this product simply because it’s suitable for not only skin type, it is great for all skin tones. The color is a sheer nude. You can purchase the MAC Prep + Prime eyeshadow primer for just $16.50 at your nearest MAC cosmetics retailer or your nearest MAC counter. I love this eyeshadow primer and I love MAC Cosmetics!
7. Amazing Cosmetics Eyeshadow Primer. In October of last year, when shopping at Sephora at the Tyson’s Corner Mall in McLean, VA I had the greatest opportunity to discover this fabulous addition to Amazing Cosmetics. I have been in search of for a great eyeshadow primer for quite sometime. This primer truly does deliver benefits that are not only instantaneous, but long-lasting. The Amazing Cosmetics Eyeshadow Primer is an antioxidant, which means it is good for your skin. The shade is a sheer, neutral beige. It doesn’t interfere with your eyeshadow and eyeliner and as a result, is wonderful for all skin tones. The Amazing Cosmetics Eyeshadow Primer is available at your nearest Amazing Cosmetics retailer or Sephora for just $16. If you are looking to use an eyeshadow priming product that is truly amazing, you are destined to love the Amazing Cosmetics Eyeshadow Primer.
6. NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Searching and seeking a great eyeshadow primer can be difficult and lengthy, however; once you learn the best, you won’t have to waste your time or brain cells discovering it. If you are looking for one of the best eyeshadow primers, you are going to love this brilliant add-on to NARS cosmetics. This product not only goes on smooth, but dries quickly to create a finish that is abiding and direct. It is equipped with an array of antioxidants that work together to create a shield that works for hours upon hours. This terrific NARS product is also ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested. You can purchase the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base at your nearest NARS retailer or Sephora for just $24. I love NARS blushes, as I love their lipgloss, however; now I can say that I love just about everything and this eyeshadow primer is proof.
5. LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. If you are one who can appreciate the natural things in life, you are definitely going to love this great extra to LORAC. This eyeshadow primer is not only free of parabens and sulfates, but this wonderful addition to LORAC also does not include any synthetic fragrances or dyes, phthalates, or GMOs. If you are looking for a product that is relatively natural, you cannot go wrong with LORAC’s Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. This priming product is also oil-free. The product is a sheer ivory beige, so it does not intercede with your eyeshadow or eyeliner. It is great for all skin tones. You can purchase LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer at your nearest LORAC retailer or Sephora for just $20. Once you discover this primer, you are destined to not only become a LORAC enthusiast, but a true converter.
4. Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolor Base. I must confess that I absolutely love Lancôme. However; despite loving Lancôme, I refuse to lie, let alone be reluctant about a product. If I hate something, I will have absolutely no problem admitting it, as if I love something, I will have absolutely zero issue with admitting it, as well. I can honestly admit that I love Lancôme’s Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolor Base. I discovered this product when shopping at Nordstrom’s in Denver, CO. This product is not only long-lasting, but it does not fade nor crease. I actually went swimming using this product and my eyeshadow, as well as, eyeliner never faded or creased. It is definitely waterproof. The color is nude, so it is incredibly flexible for every skin tone. You can purchase Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eyecolor Base for $24.50 at your nearest Lancôme retailer or Lancôme counter. This eyeshadow priming product is clearly one of the best eyeshadow primers in the beauty market and I would recommend it to anyone.
3. Too Faced Shadow Insurance. When shopping at the Sephora in Boise, ID I had the greatest pleasure of trying Too Faced Shadow Insurance. What can I say? I was ultimately impressed. Not only is this tremendous addition to Too Faced long-lasting, but it is fade proof. Although I wouldn’t recommend going swimming, after I used this and went swimming, my eyeliner actually stayed on. Not only is this product blendable, it is extremely versatile. In fact, this is one of the most versatile eye priming products in the beauty world today. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is available at your nearest Too Faced retailer or Sephora for just $18. Being Too Faced was never better, especially once you start using this incredible eyeshadow primer and one of the best of 2011.
2. Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials. Don’t you love discovering products that are impractical yet practical? When shopping at Nordstrom’s in Dallas, TX I had the greatest pleasure of discovering this wonderful eyeshadow primer. I am a makeup aficionado, so I am definitely going to inquire about a product if I hear nothing, but good things about it. Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials is a phenomenal product because it is not only water and oil resistant, but exceedingly long-lasting too. This lovely addition to Trish McEvoy not only works as a primer, but also works as a base color to your favorite eyeshadows. Aside from “Bare” there are several colors to choose from. Some of them include: Demure (soft nude pink), Linen (deep beige), Rested (Peach), Sand (light beige), Sheer Gold (pale gold shimmer), and Soft Peach (pale peach). Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials eyeshadow primer can be purchased at your nearest Trish McEvoy retailer.
…and the number one eye shadow primer of 2011 is…
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. When shopping at Sephora in New York City, I had the pleasure of discovering this product several years ago. Although I was reluctant to purchase this, when I discovered the real benefits this product actually possessed, I new that I was going to be a true Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion fanatic. Out of the many eyeshadow priming products I have tried, this one is the best for several reasons. Not only is it long-lasting, it is fade and crease-proof too. It is suitable for all skin types, as well as, skin tones and it’s reasonably priced for what you get. This primer not only includes the original which is a sheer nude, but this remarkable primer is available in several shades which range from Eden (which is a matte tawny) to Sin (which is a stunning champagne shimmer) to my personal favorite Greed (which is a gorgeous gold). The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is available at your nearest Urban Decay retailer or Sephora for just $18 and for just $1 more, you can get the new tube applicator which is an exclusive at Sephora. For under $20 for a wonderfully, high-end product. You just cannot go wrong. If you are looking to use the best eyeshadow priming product in the beauty market, this one is it.