Wanna get this look? Here’s how!
1. (When you are picking out a foundation shade, hold the shade up to your face, and look in the mirror to see if it matches. Swiping the color on the back of your hand doesn’t work because the color of our hand is different from the color on our face.)
2.. Prime your skin with a foundation primer or a moisturizer. Either one will work.
3. Apply your liquid foundation by placing a dot of foundation on the forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose.
4. Take your fingers or a slightly damp wedged sponge applicator (you can get these for $1 for 4-6 pieces) and blend it in your skin. Make sure you blend some down onto the neck and in the hairline. If you have extreme discoloration on your skin, you may want to apply a concealer on your dark areas first. A concealer should be one to two shades lighter than your skin, a foundation should be the same color as your skin. DON’T APPLY THE CONCEALER ALL OVER THE FACE. Just apply it on the darkest areas. Then apply the foundation over it.
5. Now for those brows. If you need tips on how to properly arch your eyebrows, read 6 Simple Steps to Perfectly Arched Eyebrows . Other than that, fill the eye brows with an eye brow pencil to darken them. Make sure the pencil is close to the color of your hair. You can also make the brows look longer by extending the line all the way to the corner of the eye as the picture shows.
6. Cover the eye lid with a sheer wash of lime green eye shadow. Then take a gold eye shadow and apply it just below the arch of the eyebrow, and blend it out toward the end of the brow.
7. Now take an olive green and apply it on the lid and in the crease of the eye (that little sink below the brow bone). When blending the color in the crease, move your eye shadow brush in a windshield wiper motion. Then blend it out toward the outer edge of the eye.
8. Now let’s line the top and bottom lid. Use a black or brown liquid eyeliner on the top and a pencil on the bottom. Close your eye, then pull your eye lid to the side with one hand and line the eye with the other. For the bottom lid, pull the lid down with your finger, and line the waterline of the eye with the other hand.
9. If you look closely at the picture, you will see that she has a highlighter on the bottom lid of her eye. It is the same color we used below the brow. Take an eye liner brush and dip it in the gold eye shadow and glide it across the bottom lid. Make sure the line is thin and sheer, but visible.
10. Now for the lips. Paint on a frosty purple/mauve lip gloss if you have medium or light skin. If you have dark skin, you can pick a slightly darker mauve. But for the most part, all skin colors can wear the color the model is wearing. When applying the gloss, make sure you don’t get any past the lip line. You may want to line your lips before applying the color. Line your lips with a color that is very close to the color of the lip stick/gloss.
11. The model is wearing a small bit of blush, but it’s such as small amount where you don’t have to wear any in order to get this look. But if you want to wear some, pick out a plum-ish color and dust it very lightly on your jaw and blend upward toward the temples. Make sure the color is so sheer that it is barely visible
12. For the finishing touch, dust over your face with a little bit if face powder to soften the look.