Throughout the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, title character Ferris Bueller has many memorable quotes. Matthew Broderick portrays Ferris Bueller , a charming high school student who is liked by all of his peers. During the movie, he decides to skip school, and enlist his best friend Cameron and girlfriend Sloan to embark on his all day adventure. The best Ferris Bueller quotes come from things he says to the other characters, and information he says directly to the audience by breaking the fourth wall.
- “I do have a test today, that wasn’t bullshit. It’s on European socialism. I mean, really, what’s the point? I’m not European. I don’t plan on being European. So who gives a crap if they’re socialists? They could be fascist anarchists, it still doesn’t change the fact that I don’t own a car.” Ferris Bueller breaks the fourth wall, and says this quote directly to the audience. He is in the shower getting ready for the day when he says this to the audience. Throughout “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” Ferris will talk to the audience and let them in on things that cannot be shown in the movie. This quote is hilarious, and true because it is exactly what some high school students think when they have to take some type of history test.
- “This is my ninth sick day this semester. It’s pretty tough coming up with new illnesses. If I go for ten, I’m probably going to have to barf up a lung, so I better make this one count.” After fooling his parents into believing he is sick, Ferris Bueller says this quote. Ferris opens the blinds in his room to reveal a beautiful sunny day, which is why he wants to skip school. This Ferris Bueller quote sums up what type of guy he is, one that can get away with anything.
- “I’m so disappointed in Cameron! Twenty bucks says he’s in his car right now debating on whether or not to go out.” This Ferris Bueller quote is quickly followed by a shot of Cameron sitting in his car, debating if he should go out. The quote shows just how good of friends the boys are, and how well Ferris knows Cameron. While Cameron is sitting in his car, he talks himself into leaving to pick up Ferris Bueller . The entire scene from the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” shows how Ferris must always talk Cameron into doing things he normally would not.
- “The place is like a museum. It’s very beautiful and very cold, and you’re not allowed to touch anything.” While describing Cameron’s house to the audience, Ferris Bueller says this quote. Cameron is Ferris Bueller’s best friend, and the two had different upbringings. Cameron’s family has money, and his father put pressure on him throughout the years to always succeed. On the other hand, Ferris Bueller is carefree, and was raised in a middle class household. This quote shows Cameron is because he grew up in a house with a lot of rules.
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” This is one of the most wise quotes that Ferris Bueller says in the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.” He says it to the audience, and it is a timeless quote that will always remain relevant. People are always on the go, and you have to remember to slow down every once in a while to appreciate everything.