Blogs are by far the easiest and most profitable way to create your online presence whether it is personal or business interest. Uploading content to your blog is free and you can start right away. There is no use to a killer blog if it sits in a dark corner of the internet without anyone to view it. So how do you get traffic to your blog – here are ten top ideas.
Of the total number of blogs on the internet, only a small number ever “make it”. Others fade into obscurity or never have anyone viewing it. Running a blog to generate income, is the same as running a business and you need to be willing to put time and effort into it, otherwise it will just die the same death as 95% of all start-up businesses.
Even though failed bloggers were quite serious about blogging from the start and their blogs contain relevant, new and worthwhile content, most bloggers are not prepared for the work that needs to go into blogging. Just building a website does not mean that your blog is going to be successful. The success lies in marketing, like any other business. You need customers and to get customers, you need an audience.
1. Content = Cash. Recurring customers will soon stay away from a blog when they have to view the same old content day after day without anything fresh on it. Tip: Write several posts and upload them at appropriate times. They do not need to be long and grammatically correct, they just need to be fresh and relevant.
2. Writing Articles – if you have chosen a niche for your blog, it needs to be something that interests you, otherwise you will soon run out of interest and ideas for fresh content. Create content not only for your blog, but submit articles on the niche with targeted keywords to article directories. Use the resource box on every article page to advertise your blog – that way you send traffic to your blog.
3. Social Networking Sites – Social networking sites have sprung up all overt the internet lately. Join Facebook, MySpace, Squidoo, Twitter or a dozen others and make connections. You can even join groups on the different sites who are bloggers themselves in the niche that you are blogging about.
4. Viral Marketing ‘” this is where you spread the word about your blog. Talk to friends, family and even strangers. Give out business cards that have your blog address on them. 4. Viral Marketing – This is the new version of “word of mouth”. Spread the word about your blog to family and friends, who in turn will spread it to their family and friends.
5. Use RSS Feeds ‘” RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication.” Readers can subscribe to your feed and get email updates when new content is posted. It is an easy way for them to keep up with your blog without spending all day online.
6. Submit to Search Engines and Traffic pages- doing this will allow the search engines to rank your blog and crawl your pages. If you perfect SEO (search engine optimization) you will get top rankings.
7. Join niche forums – As a blogger you need to spread the word about your online business like an entrepreneur. Becoming a member of online forums is like networking with the rest of the business community. Networking and marketing goes hand in hand. Use your signature to link to your blog on posts in the forums.
8. Check out the competition – Posting comments on the blogs of your competitors will get backlinks to your blogs and customers who visit the competitors blog will be able to click on your link in the comments – generating traffic to your blog.
9. SEO Marketing – The use of relevant keywords in blogging, keyword listing and article marketing is a very important aspect of blogging and you need to spend some time researching how to get it right. Keyword search and usage is almost a science and there are loads of free content on the internet to help you get this down to a fine art.
10. Social Bookmarking – submitting posts to social bookmarking sites allows others who are members of those sites to track you back to your blog.
Using any of these ideas will start the traffic moving in your direction. It takes time but you will build the readership you want.
Learn How to make Money Online from an Internet Marketing Coach