Social networking isn’t just for teens or people with a lot of time on their hands. It is now a great tool for business owners to promote their services.
Both large and small companies are signing up to Facebook and Twitter to promote their products and services free of charge, and you can do it too.
- 1. Protect your reputation. There is a good chance that your customers are already talking about your business on the Internet. That can be a great thing. But if you have a history of providing weak customer service or bad products, your customers will share that information as well. To keep your reputation intact, you have to have lots of positive reviews online that go against the negative ones. That’s where you come in. Spend your time patching up all the cuts and bruises that may be on your business’ services.
- 2. Tell a story about the company. Give a little background on your company and how it was formed. Keep it short and simple. If you are using Twitter, you have to keep it 140 characters and under. Show some passion about your product or service. This way the customer can develop a sense of respect for your business that they may not have for other businesses.
- 3. Use your personality. Allow the personality of the company to shine through the words you use. No matter what the company is about, there should be a sense of positivity and enthusiasm in every post or tweet. It doesn’t have to be over the top, but it should be positive or even humorous enough to make your followers look forward to see what you have to say.
- 4. Announce what’s new. Any time there is a new product/service to offer, tell about it in a few words, then direct them to your website with a link. If there is something on sale or at a discounted price, announce that as well. Everyone loves a good deal!
- 5. Answer all questions. When your customers ask questions about your products/services, try your best to answer all of them. It’s important that you build a relationship with the people that befriend you or follow you on the net. When you interact with them, it shows them that you care about them and their satisfaction.
- 6. Give tips on how to use your services. Once customers spend their money on your product/service, they now need to know how to get the best results from what they have purchased. Give simple tips on how to use your products, how to make them last and when to replace them.
- 7. Follow your competitors. You should follow your competitors for two reasons: to keep up with the deals and services they are offering and to gain some of their followers. Once their followers see that you are also offering a similar service, they may become interested in your business as well.