A business brand is your business’ distinctive image or customs. You, your product, your staff, and your services all make up your business brand.
Your brand is what differentiates you from your competitors. It is what you want your customers to think of when they think of your business. The way you develop a positive and memorable brand is by focusing on the following 5 points…
1. Define why you’re in this business. When you focus on what inspired you to be in the business, this allows your passion to come through. Your passion should be evident in your product and your services. It should also be evident in the environment at your place of business. People should be able to feel the passion of you and your employees when they walk in.
2. What do you want people to think of when they hear your name? This is how you come up with the feel or mood that you want your company to have. You could start by asking yourself “What would I want my customer to say about my business?” Would you want them to say that you’re trustworthy? Reliable?Affordable? Whatever you decide, make sure you provide customer service that matches the qualities you want customers to expect of you.
3. Why should people buy from you? Ask yourself, “Why should a customer purchase from my company instead of the company across the street?” You should be able to come up with at least three reasons why your business is the better option for your customer. Whatever these reasons are, they must be presented in your sales pitch, and in your marketing tools.
4. Be particular about your marketing tools. Have all your marketing tools with consistent images and colors, this way the customer will recognize that it’s from your company anytime they see it. Make sure they have good quality.The quality of your marketing tools speaks volumes to your customer. If something looks carelessly made, the customer will view the company as cheap-which is bad for your image.
5. Come up with a logo, font and slogan. Decide on the colors, logos, slogans, and font you want your company to use. Make sure your slogan is memorable and matches the brand image. Your logo should be recognizable and unique, and your font should be visible and easy to read. When choosing your company colors, try not to choose more than three colors. It is best to choose contrasting colors. For example, yellow and blue-not yellow and orange.