White teeth are always in fashion, especially today, with so many over-the-counter teeth whitening remedies available. However, many of these remedies use chemicals that can seep through the delicate tissues in your mouth and under your tongue. If you’re seeking a chemical alternative to all those trips to the dentist or packs of strips and gels, you’re in luck. Several daily habits and home remedies can offer a natural solution for teeth whitening.
Strawberries. Take ripe strawberries and rub them across your teeth. Or, you can mash up several strawberries into a paste and brush it on like toothpaste. Leave it on for about five minutes and then rinse it away with warm water. Repeat as needed to maintain whiteness. You might be surprised how quickly you see results this way.
Orange peel. You can rub an orange peel across your teeth, rinse, and watch the whitening begin. You can also crush organic dried orange peel with ground bay leaves to make a paste and brush it on. Just be sure to rinse well when you’re finished.
Baking soda. Using baking soda is not a new concept to dental whitening. It’s often been used in many products, so why not try it without the chemical additives? Mix baking soda with a pinch of salt and water to create your own whitening paste, then brush away!
Once your teeth are nice and shiny white, you don’t want to keep repeating the same bad habits that stained them in the first place.
– Keep regular teeth cleaning appointments with your dentist every four to six months.
– Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day. Floss after meals if possible, but definitely before bed.
– Drink plenty of water, especially after eating, to remove residue from your teeth. Just make sure your water source does not contain added fluoride, which can discolor or stain your teeth.
– Quit smoking.
– After drinking coffee or tea, make sure to rinse your mouth with water. The same goes for wines and colas, which can also stain your teeth.
– Eat lots of raw fruits and veggies, which can help naturally clean your teeth.
– Skip the mouthwash. Although this seems counterproductive, mouthwashes contain high levels of alcohol, which can stain and discolor teeth.
Following this helpful plan can get your teeth white — and keep them that way — for a long time. Not only will it save your mouth exposure to potentially harmful chemicals, but it will cut down on your total dental care expenses, too.
Beauty Tips Online. Teeth Whitening.
Ezine. 10 Best Natural Teeth Whitening Tips.
Trusty Guides. Teeth Whitening Tips and Precautions.