Will you get a part time job when you are going to college? Maybe you will even manage to work full time and go to school simultaneously. That’s tiring for most but it has certainly been done before. Some students juggle 2 or 3 part time jobs in college. Even if you have all the money you need for college, getting a job is a good idea because you need both experience and education.
A lot of colleges are somewhere near a mall or a retail area. It would be both convenient and smart to consider a job working in retail. It’s a great customer service experience and you can always use that no matter what field you choose to go into later. But, all retail is not created equally. A lot of stores may start staff you off with competitive wages but some retail stores come with amazing benefit packages as well. These stores will help pay for your education.
Education benefits vary with store. Some pay for education related to their storewhile otherspay you based on your performance in school.Though some provide this benefit to only full time employees, many pay for education for any employee. This list only shows free money. Loans and education savings plans may be available with some retailers.
1. Walgreens — up to $3000 for pre-pharmacy students
2. Publix- tuition reimbursement up to $1250 annually for technical college and $2500 annually for college
3. Walmart — In the 2010-2011 academic year they contributed more than $9 million in academic scholarships
4. Winn Dixie — Professional development, tuition reimbursement, and scholarship programs
5. Home Depot- Tuition reimbursement for company related courses
6. Aéropostale — Tuition reimbursement program for full time employees
7. Sherwin-Williams- Tuition Aid Program
8. Tractor Supply Company –The higher your grades, the more tuition reimbursement you qualify for , up to $2000 annually and they have scholarships
9. CVS — education reimbursement for full and part time employees
10. Newegg — Educational assistance program and tuition reimbursement
11. Verizon- Tuition assistance, on-line development tools and more
12. Autozone — Tuition reimbursement up to $2000 a year
13. Wegman’s — Scholarship Program. They have awarded over $81 million in scholarships.
14. TJX — scholarship program, tuition remission on some levels, and college savings plans
15. Wawa — tuition reimbursement
16. Dressbarn — Scholarship Program
17. Staples — Scholarship program that reimburses tuition, books, lab fees and related supplies
18. GameStop — Tuition remission
19. Stage Stores — tuition reimbursement
20. Kohl’s — Tuition reimbursement