For flyer printing, the first five seconds is important in marketing. It is the stage where a reader judges the flyer and see if it is worthy of his or her full attention.
In this special guide, I am going to teach you how to make those first five seconds of exposure count. Here are the things that you should do to make sure that each person continues on reading your full color custom flyers well beyond those initial five seconds.
1. Use a text lead that draws in your target readers ‘” One of the initial elements that people look at is the text lead or headline. To make those five seconds of initial exposure count, you should always compose a text lead or headline that draws people in. Typically, the best headlines are the ones that do not tell the whole story. For example, you can have a headline that says discover three ways to lose fat without lifting a finger. This is a great headline because it tells people what the material is all about and it drives them to read more to get all the information they want. In less than five seconds, you can hook people into reading the whole copy easily.
2. Place a head-turning or attention grabbing picture ‘” Another important element to make those initial five seconds count is to place a head turning or attention grabbing picture in the main head or cover. Initially you will want your image to be beautiful or pretty of course. However, besides that, they must have a head turning quality that makes people remember what they are all about. It must be original and of course must have REAL emotion that really strikes a nerve with your readers. It must either shock, awe or provoke people into a reaction that they will never forget. This lets readers remember within the first five seconds of exposure.
3. Use the right color scheme to set the right mood for readers ‘” It is subtle, but also important for you to pay attention to the color scheme of your marketing flyers. In those early five seconds of reader exposure, most people tend to absorb the initial tone and mood of the thing they are reading. To make those initial seconds count and help people get into the right mood of actually responding, it is best to encourage a positive and energetic mood. This means using brighter and warmer colors that encourage action and excitement. Try to use colors like yellow, orange, and lighter shades of blue, green and red to achieve this level of emotion. With the right mood, you can hook the right people into responding to your offer.
4. Impress your readers with the highest quality prints ‘” Remember that first impressions last. That is why it is best to impress readers by having only the highest quality prints. Try to hire a professional flyer printing company and of course choosing the best paper and ink options for the printing itself. With high quality and relatively expensive copies, people should be more inclined to read and even keep them since were well made. So make that initial five-minute impression stick with better materials.
5. Encourage readers to read on because they will gain more benefits ‘” Finally, to make those five seconds initially useful, always have an element that encourages readers to read on for more benefits. This should be prominently displayed at the front so that readers can be hooked well after the initial five seconds of exposure. This is something that you should never forget since this can actually determine success or failure.
Now you know how to make those initial five seconds count. The better you are at the first five seconds with your flyer design, the more returns you will get per piece of color flyer.
Kaye Z. Marks is an avid writer and follower of the developments in flyers and flyer printing that help businesses in their marketing and advertising campaigns.