Lady Gaga songs are all written, or co-written by the American pop singer herself. She creates catchy songs that almost always become instant hits. The Grammy winning singer-songwriter Lady Gaga has many #1 hits thanks to a loyal fan base that continually grows. Her music is universal which makes the songs lyrically relatable to many different demographics. Lady Gaga songs range from amazing heartfelt ballads to catchy dance tracks, which shows she is a versatile artist.
- “Born This Way” This Lady Gaga song was first heard by the public when she performed it at the 2011 Grammy Awards. She wrote the song in ten minutes, and the lyrics are about human equality. DJ White Shadow and Fernando Garibay co-produced this song along with the singer. “Born This Way” debuted at #1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart the first week it was released. This Lady Gaga song is often compared to Madonna’s song “Express Yourself” because of the lyrical content and musical styling.
- “Bad Romance” The lead single from Lady Gaga’s 2009 EP “The Fame Monster” was “Bad Romance.” This Lady Gaga song was first heard by the public during fashion designer Alexander McQueen’s 2009 runway show during Paris’ Fashion Week. It is an up-tempo song about lusting after someone. This Lady Gaga song features a lyric sung in French, which in English means, “I want your love and I want your revenge.” In 2010, “Bad Romance” became the best selling single in Europe.
- “Speechless” In 2009 this Lady Gaga song was released as a single off her EP “The Fame Monster.” Instead of her usual pop-dance track, this song was a soulful ballad that she performs on the piano. The lyrics are written for her father, who at first refused to have surgery for his heart condition. While on tour Lady Gaga would get phone calls from her dad after he drank, and the lyrics stem from those conversations. Lady Gaga performed this song at the 2010 Grammy Awards.
- “Telephone” This Lady Gaga song is a collaboration with pop artist Beyoncé. The lyrics are about wanting to go out with friends to the club, but her boyfriend constantly calls to check up on her. The catchy beat makes it a great song to dance to in clubs. The song’s music video is a nine minute long mini-movie which features the Pussy Wagon from the movie “Kill Bill Vol. 1.” This Lady Gaga song is featured on the 2009 EP “The Fame Monster.” She co-wrote the song with Rodney ” Darkchild ” Jerkins.
- “Poker Face” This song was the second single from Lady Gaga’s 2008 debut album “The Fame.” The pop-dance song’s lyrics are about sexually and emotionally toying with someone. It is a musically fun song to dance to, and lyrically a fun song to sing along to. It reached #1 on Billboard Hot 100 chart, and went on to become to best-selling single of 2009 in the UK. This Lady Gaga song was produced and co-written by RedOne, and he said it only took them one hour to create the track.