If you are like me, then you are trying to break into the Freelance world. However, this can often be a very difficult task. This is especially true if you have little to no experience. This is also true if you do not have an already established client base. However, there is a solution that will allow you to get your foot into the freelance world door and, as a result, make a great living. Sites such as Freelancer.com, Scriptlance.com, Guru.com and much more are great sites but, the bidding process can be confusing. Here are tips on how to use these bidding sites and create the winning bid.
1. One of the very first things before beginning the job search is to decide which area you want to specialize in. This is due to the fact that almost of all of these sites requires you to pick a niche before you can begin bidding. If you are a writer for example then the sites will then display work that is available for writers. Inside the writing category for example you will find a number of sub categories. These subcategories include such things as; ghost writing, article writing, and many more.
2. Next, you will want to decide on which site you would like to work on. There are hundreds of them out there but some of them are not as good as others. Sites such as Scriptlance, Freelanced, Get a Freelancer, and Guru are some of the more popular sites and, offer the best pay.
3. Now that you have found the site that you want to work for it is time to create the profile. You need to begin by supplying some information about yourself, what you can do in the aspect of your particular niche. You should also be sure to include what potential clients can expect of you as a freelancer.
4. You should also be sure to have an instant messenger service installed as well. This is an important step because a lot of clients require this as a way to stay in contact with you.
5. Now it’s time to decide how much you expect to be paid. Be sure that you take the time to investigate the top and bottom price of your particular niche. Most, will recommend that you bid in the middle of these two numbers.
6. Finally, once you have won the bid be sure that you stay organized. Meeting deadlines is one of the most important aspects. If you can’t meet deadlines then you will lose clients. Also be sure that you are only submitting original work never copy and paste an article. This will be found out and your reputation will go down the drain.
Becoming a Freelancer can be a very rewarding career if done properly. Following these simple steps will put you on that path.