Things you will need:
Soap-Dial Gold Bar
Mouthwash-Listerine or similar
Before considering to have a lip piercing performed you will need to review the consequences that could occur from happening your lip pierced.
- The piercing could become infected,if you neglect to take care of it or if you are allergic to the metal in the lip ring.
- The lip ring could cause damage to teeth,chipping of the teeth can occur.
You will need to determine a tattoo shop,that will do your piercing,here are some tips to perform in order to find the right tattoo shop for you:
- You can find local tattoo shops in your area on the internet by using Yellowpages.com or in the phone book
- You can go to a local tattoo shop,and walk around.Make sure the shop is clean,and is somewhere you feel comfortable at.
- Spread the Word! Ask a friend where they got theirs done,and if they had a good or bad experience there,and if they would recommend you to get yours done there.
Once you’ve decided the tattoo shop to get your piercing done at,you can call and set up a appointment or just walk in.
The piercer will ask you to swish around some mouth wash and spit it into a cup,this will kill any bacteria that could interfere with your piercing and the piercing process.He will clean prepare for the piercing,this means opening up the supplies required in order to perform the piercing,you may ask to have the supplies opened in front of you,to ensure your safety.He will take a clamp,and clamp it on your lip in the location of the piercing,then he’ll insert the needle and the ring.
You will need to use mouthwash twice or day,or after every meal,this will kill the germs inside your mouth and prevent infection.
On the outside you will need to use Dial Gold Bar Soap,wet your hands,put soap on your hands and work into a lather,then wash around the piercing,you will need to do this three or four times a day.
- Don’t touch the piercing,unless you have wash or sanitized your hands
- Don’t rough house the piercing
- Don’t submerge the piercing or go into a pool until the piercing is completely healed.
- Limit your intake of diary products while your piercing is healing,this can cause a yeast infection.
- Don’t drink alcohol,as it also has yeast in it.
Don’t hesitate to call the tattoo shop you chose,if you have any questions or concerns.
Types of jewelry you can wear in your piercing:
- Captive Rings
- Circular Barbells
If you think you may be allergic to the metal in a particular piece of jewelry you can use Bioplast,you can get this in Circular Barbells and Labrets,it’s simply what the ring is made out of.If you don’t know the gauge of your piercing please contact the tattoo shop that performed your piercing.