It’s hard not to get excited about the arrival of spring: the chirping birds, the blooming flowers and the warmer temperatures. Many women are scrambling to get their wardrobes in order for spring, yet some forget how makeup is an important part of their wardrobe. Without makeup to bring pizazz to that new spring dress you may have bought, the dress may appear a lot more blah than it really is. If you’re in the process of updating your makeup in order to look gorgeous and fresh this spring, you may need a little bit of assistance, especially if you aren’t sure what’s popular right now. The following makeup trends are popular this spring and can help you stay current in regards to your makeup regime.
1. Pastel Colors – Many people associate pastel colors with Easter, which is appropriate since Easter is a spring holiday. Ensuring that your inventory of makeup contains plenty of beautiful pastel colors is essential to following this trend, so choose your favorite colorful eye shadows and other makeup products that will help you look absolutely gorgeous.
2. Glitter, glitter, and more glitter – WhenI was a little girl, I loved glitter: glitter stickers, glitter purses and even glitter bubbles. Now, it seems as if there are many girls and women who are really enjoying wearing glittery makeup. If you want to be a part of the current trend, make sure to update your makeup supply with some glitter mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner and even lipstick. Of course you don’t have to wear glitter all over your face simultaneously, but some women will wear a different glitter product on different days.
3. Smoky Top Lid Only – If you really like the smoky eyes look, one way that women are keeping the look up-to-date is by applying their favorite smoky black and gray eye shadows to the inner portion of the top lid only. Not only does this trend result in a woman looking fresh and trendy, but it is easy to apply and fun.
4. Neon Colors – Besidesthe pretty pastel colored makeup products that most women associate with spring, neon colored makeup items are surprisingly popular as well. You might need to watch some makeup application videos before your neon green eye shadow or neon orange lipstick will look good, but then again you may be a natural and look fabulous right away. You’ll never know, though, until you do a little bit of experimenting.
5. Metallic Makeup – Another popular trend this spring is the addition of metallic makeup. Metallic shades of white, silver and gold are hot, so if you want to look awesome and even hotter than this trend, you will need to add some to your spring inventory of makeup.
It’s not difficult to stay current with popular makeup trends. With the various beauty magazines as well as websites, it’s easy to not only stay updated with trendy makeup tips, but to also view pictures of other women sporting these popular looks so you’ll have some idea how you might look wearing certain makeup.