Hey, guys have their fantasy sports teams. I have my fantasy fashion. This time I am sharing some of my fantasy jewelry purchases. Not just the jewelry but also the outfits I would love to pair them with. I feel we all deserve a little fantasy in our lives. So come take a peak at one of my fantasies – luxury jewelry.
Mikimoto Pearls Make Me Swoon
Diamonds are said to be a girl’s best friend, but pearls are mine. More specifically Mikimoto pearls. To be exact, black pearls. I don’t care for the gaudy clusters but I do love the luxury of a single black pearl. My fantasy Mikimoto black pearl set:
– 8MM black cultured pearl with diamond accent set in 18-carat white gold. Price tag: $1,670.00
– 9MM black pearl pendent on an 18-carat white gold chain. Price tag: $1,020.00
– 9MM black South Sea pearl and diamond ring, 18 – carat white gold ring. Price tag: $2,820.00
Fantasy Ensemble: A sexy white cocktail dress, preference, a halter dress is the main garment. The Doo.Ri Belted Halter Jersey Dress has a plunging neckline that gives the simple Mikimoto black pearl necklace a spotlight to shine. Hair should be slicked back in a neat chignon or a smooth ponytail so the earrings can be seen. A pair of Christian Louboutin Mary Jane Pumps in the ever-so-fitting color of oyster and Badgley Mischka Silver Mesh Clutch would complete this fantasy look.
My Heart Stops for Drop Earrings
My favorite type of earrings are drop earrings, especially those featuring my favorite stones ruby, sapphire, emeralds, turquoise and amethyst. Sorry, I’m not much of a diamond girl. These stones can be pricey but I would love to own one of the following pairs of drop earrings:
– Paolo Costagli’s Amethyst and Ruby Earrings set in 18-carat yellow gold. Price tag: $1,850.00
– Stephen Webster’s Turquoise Vortex Earrings with white and black diamonds set in 18-carat white gold. Price tag: $7,750.00
– Stephen Webster’s Teardrop Earrings featuring clear quarts over mother-of-pearl and pave diamond detail set in 18-carat yellow gold. Price tag: $4,500.00
Fantasy Ensemble: My fantasy ensemble look matches the Paolo Costagli Amethyst and Ruby Earrings. An elegant and very sexy evening gown from the Ralph Lauren Collection – Joelle Cross-Neck Satin Gown in purple silk satin is the main garment. A pair of Manolo Blahnik Satin Ankle-Wrap d’Orsay black open-toe shoes and a Lanvin Satin Flap Puchette in black will complete this fantasy ensemble.
I Love Mixing Chunky Bracelets and Chokers with Jeans and Sexy Tops
While my first two jewelry fantasies lingered more to fine jewelry for eveningwear, I also like the look of fine jewelry mixed together with casual ensembles. For this, I find that bracelets and chokers work best at upping the style ante of casual garments. Here are a few I am fantasizing about:
– Rose Quartz and Mother-of-Pearl Disc Multi-Strand Bracelet made from 14-carat yellow gold, rose quartz beads and pink shell. Price tag: $2,275.00
– Cultured Freshwater Pearl and Diamond Bracelet made from a triple row of Akoya pearls, diamond detailed stations in 14-carat white gold. Price tag: $2,700.00
– Jose and Maria Barrera Crystal Choker made from rhodium-plated white metal and clear Australian crystals. Price tag: $1,125.00
Fantasy Ensemble: Since I like creating a unique casual look with fine jewelry, my fantasy ensemble has a bit of an edge to it. Using the Jose and Maria Barrera Crystal Choker as the building block, I choose the Herve Leger Ombre Off-the-shoulder Bandage Dress in grey. However, I would not wear this dress as a dress but as a tunic worn over a pair of 7 For All Mankind Ginger High-Rise Wide-Leg Jeans in a lightweight mercer wash. Finish off the look with a pair of Sofia High-Heel Open-Toe Platform Booties in antique rose and a Milly Studded Hobo in ecru.
There you have them. My fantasy jewelry league and the fashions I would wear with them. Each season my fantasy jewelry league will change a little so there is always fun to be had. So what are your fantasy jewelry picks? Go for broke with your choices. After all, it is just a fantasy.
Fashion fake-Out: Make Fashion Work for You
3 Hot Jewelry Trends for Spring 2011
3 Red Carpet Worthy Eveningwear Trends from Spring 2011