California is one of the more popular choices to visit on vacation, and not because of all of the celebrities. As the most populated state, California became the 31st state in America on September 9, 1850. With its Mediterranean climate, California is the perfect vacation spot to visit either in the winter or the summer. No matter what time of year you plan on traveling, there are some sites in California that are a must see.
1. Hollywood. Located in Los Angeles, Hollywood has become the landmark of celebrities. With movie studios and celebrities all about, you never know who you may run into, and if you are not the celebrity type, than you should atleast check out the local landmarks.
Hollywood Walk of Fame, Universal Studios Hollywood, Kodak Theater where they hold the Academy Awards, Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, and the Hollywood Bowl are all landmarks in Hollywood.
Finally, less not forget the most notorious of sites and that is the famous Hollywood sign.
2). Disneyland. If you are going to be in California, than you should plan to spend a day at Disneyland. Disneyland, much like its sister Disneyworld, has hundreds of features to keep the whole family entertained.
Each year brings new rides and attractions, but one thing is for certain. If you are planning on going to Disneyland, then you should make sure to spend the whole day there.
3. Golden Gate Bridge. The Golden Gate Bridge is another famous landmark, and the world’s largest suspension bridge. This 4200 foot bridge looms over the orange towers offered travels and residents a magnificent view of the bay.
4. Petrified Forest. Over 3 million years ago, the Petrified Forest saw volcanic activity which left the area to become unusual. Visitors can take a tour and learn about the volcano, as well as, glory in the magnificent redwood trees.
5. Alcatraz Island. As long as you visiting, than you should considering visit Alcatraz. Alcatraz has intrigued tourist for years as visitors explore the prison and cell blocks that held the most dangerous of all criminals.
6. San Diego Zoo. The San Diego Zoo is world known and the most famous of all zoos. With more than 4,000 animals on site, the zoo offers attractions to keep the whole family entertaining, including a children’s zoo. For the plant lover, you can also enjoy a leisure time exploring the different exotic plants.
7. Beaches and Lakes. Take a day and relax while in California at one of there more notorious beaches, like Big Spur, or lakes, like Lake Tahoe.
8. Fairfield – Jelly Belly. Who doesn’t like Jelly Beans, the Easter Bunny certainly does. At the Fairfield – Jelly Belly factory you do not have to wait to Easter to explore and learn all about one of America’s favorite treats.