These two teams have players who are hungry for an NBA ring. For the Mavs, players such as Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Peja Stojakovic, Jason Terry, and Shawn Marion have been to the Eastern/Western Conference finals and the NBA Finals, but have lost. For the Miami Heat, Dwayne Wade has a ring, but the great Lebron James and Chris Bosh do not.
This is a repeat of the 2006 NBA Finals, where the Miami Heat won in game 6 and crushed the Mavericks with a 4-2 series win. Both teams have the potential to win in the ring, the question is who is more determined. To me, the Dallas Mavericks have more potential to win it all this year, but the Miami Heat proved last night that they want it more.
Here are a few reasons why Dallas could win:
1) Dallas has been the most consistent team throughout the whole postseason. They have crushed and cruised against their last two opponents, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Oklahoma City Thunder. For Miami, they have struggled against the 76ers, but won 4-1 against the Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls. They have not shown the most consistency though. They have struggled at times and allowed their opponents to come back.
Dallas’s big 3 are ready to win an NBA ring
2) Dallas has a deeper bench than Miami. The Mavericks have more consistency at the point guard, small forward, and center position. Miami, on the other hand, have 3 big superstars but no real bench.
3) The Mavericks have not used Caron Butler, yet they manage to stay more healthy and play as a whole unit all season. Miami has barely played with their original 5 starters.
Bottom line: Lebron and Chris Bosh may have to wait one more season before they can win an NBA ring. But last night, they proved to Dallas that they are not going to wait one more year for a ring. Dallas has more veteran presences and there is no way Dirk and Jason Terry will allow Miami to upset them once again. Yet, Miami could pull it off as well. Here is why:
1) Lebron James has been waiting for many years and is hungry for a title. The same goes for Chris Bosh. James spreads the ball around and makes his teammates better and get involved in the game. For Bosh, he’s showing more consistency in the playoffs and playing stronger defense
2) Dwayne Wade. He has the playoff experience, has a championship ring, and plays very well against the Mavericks. He is quick, explosive, and carries the team on his shoulders when needed.
3) The defense of the Heat has been unstoppable. They have struggled all season on closing out opponents at times. Yet recently, they have been able to close out games with ease and push their defense above and beyond to what they are use to.
Miami’s big 3 are ready for an NBA ring as well..so far they have the lead.
For the Heat, it will be up to James and Wade to keep their game up. The question is, can they carry the team themselves?