If you find yourself interested in a St. Augustine vacation, be sure to take a look into Crescent Beach Park also. Crescent Beach Park is a wonderful alternative to St. Augustine Beach and has more convenient amenities that you and your family can enjoy.
1. Sunset Grille. This is a great restaurant five steps from the beach. It’s the perfect place to stop in dressed as you are to grab a bite to eat before or after you go to the beach. All the food favorites are there such as chicken fingers, fries, cheeseburgers, etc. Sunset Grille has a beautiful view of Crescent Beach.
2. Drive on the beach. Crescent Beach is one of the few spots that you can drive your vehicle on the beach. A big cautionary warning, unless you have a 4×4 vehicle, I would not recommend driving on the beach. It’s easy to get stuck in the soft sand.
3. Families on the beach. On any given day, families on vacation can be found on Crescent Beach. This is delightful because there are other children that your children can play with if you have any. Families can connect and a beach day can be enhanced that much more by meeting other families who come from all over the world to enjoy Crescent Beach.
4. Lifeguards on duty. Seasonally, Crescent Beach has lifeguards on duty. This can be important if you really need one. It increases the safety factor for everyone.
5. Bathroom and shower facilities. This is one of the really great features of Crescent Beach. You can find this location at the intersection of A1A and State Road 206. Right before you walk the bridge over to the beach, you can stop at their restroom facility which is surprisingly clean and well maintained. This can be priceless when you really need it. There are also two showers you can use to clean the salt water off before returning to your vehicles.
6. Free parking. This is a wonderful benefit because there aren’t usually too many places you can park for free when trying to go to the beach. Depending on the time of day, you may have to circle the parking lot a couple of times but it isn’t long before you find a place to park. Once parked, the bridge to the beach is just steps away.
7. Hotels on the beach. Staying on Crescent Beach is a breeze if you check in to one of the hotels located right on the other side of the dunes. A beautiful multi-level hotel is right next door to the parking area of the Crescent Beach parking.
8. Convenience store across the street. Too many times, we leave the hotel realizing we forgot sunscreen or some other essential. The great news is that there is a convenience store across the street from the Crescent Beach Park that can provide most of what you may need.
9. Covered canopy picnic tables. This feature is great when you have a group trip or even birthday party you want to throw. There is plenty of room to sit, eat and relax and get out of the sun for awhile. The parking lot is steps away and so is the beach.
These are just 9 reasons to visit Crescent Beach Park. My daughter and I visit all the time. It’s a very convenient way to spend a day at the beach.