On the east coast, spring actually felt the way it did when I was a kid this year. The weather still had a bit of the frost from winter at the beginning, slowly tapering off to steady upper 70 to lower 80-degree temperatures as Memorial Day approaches. This meant some longer sleeved shirts, no shorts and long skirts all in mid-weight fabrics. Now that summer is fast approaching, this curvy gal is ready to go boho chic with lighter fabrics and flowing layers. Check out some bohemian looks for plus-sizes to get your Pretty Girl Rock on this summer.
Be Cool and Boho Chic in a Flowing Tank and Trousers
The boho look for spring featured longer sleeves in mid-weight fabrics. For summer, less is key to keeping cool and chic with the bohemian look. A flowing tank, wide-legged pants, a headscarf and large hoop earrings create a casual boho chic look for summertime.
Get the Look:
– Tunic Tank with Embroidery from $39.99 to $44.99 at Jessica London
– Linen Trouser in white for $49.95 at Lane Bryant
– Brocade Floral Scarf for $22.70 at City Chic
– Set of 4 Pairs of Hoop Pierced Earrings for $49.9 at Roaman’s
Adorn Those Curves in Sheer Boho Beauty
Draped garments that gently sweep over your curves and flow into long layers look stunning on plus-sizes for a boho chic summer. Try a long sweeping maxi dress and a semi-sheer cover-up and floppy hat. This sexy yet casual look is great for a day at the beach or you can lose the hat and shirt come nighttime for a fun-filled evening.
Get the Look
– Crochet Trim Swim Cover Up in black from 34.99 to $39.99 at Roaman’s
– Chiffon Firecracker Maxi for $59.10 at City Chic
– Magid Two-Tone Paper Straw Hat for $28.00 at Roaman’s
A Peasant Blouse and Jeans is Simple Bohemian Chic
Nothing personifies the boho look more aptly than the peasant blouse. The peasant blouse adds bohemian flair to long skirts and jeans. Pair the look with some pretty bangles to be boho chic.
Get the Look
– Print Peasant Blouse for $59.00 at Ulla Popken
– Avenue Zip Pocket Cropped Flare Jean for $34.90 at OneStopPlus
– Avenue Abstract Cuff Bracelet Set for $9.90 at OneStopPlus
These three looks are just a few ways for curvy gals to be boho chic this summer. For those not ready to go completely bohemian for summer try adding a paisley print silky scarf as a head wrap or a side tie overskirt for your favorite pair of jeans. To complement your boho summer look don’t wear your hair stick-straight–allow a little wave or even frizz to have its way with your hair. Keep makeup simple and “natural” looking. If you like to be a tanned goddess for the summer just don’t over do it. A natural looking tawny glow fits boho chic perfectly. Happy shopping ladies!
Earthy Tones are Trendy for Spring/Summer 2011 and Beyond
The Voluminous Hair of the 70s Is Fresh for Spring 2011
Get Your Skin Ready for Spring and Summer