“A Christmas Story” quotes are funny, memorable, and quick witted. The movie “A Christmas Story” was released in 1983, and has since become a timeless classic. The plot revolves around a young boy named Ralphie and his family during the holidays. A big part of the movie is about Ralphie wanting a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas, and the adults in his life saying that is not practical. Many of the “A Christmas Story” quotes revolve around the Red Ryder BB gun, which is talked about a lot throughout the film.
- “No, you’ll shoot your eye out.” – Mrs. Parker. During the movie “A Christmas Story”, Ralphie tells his mother Mrs. Parker he wants a Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle for Christmas, and she responds with this quote. Every time Ralphie tells an adult he wants the air rifle for Christmas, they respond by telling Ralphie he will shoot his eye out. This “A Christmas Story” quote is one of the most well known since so many characters say it throughout the movie.
- “Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux , I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor – heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Life Buoy, on the other hand… YECCHH !” – Ralphie . During “A Christmas Story”, the audience learns that when Ralphie gets caught saying a cuss word, he gets punished by having soap put in his mouth. This “A Christmas Story” quote by Ralphie is him making light of his reoccurring punishment. The fact he can name off different brands shows Ralphie’s parents catch him cussing a lot.
- “No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!” – Ralphie . This “A Christmas Story” quote is said by Ralphie at different times throughout the movie. This exact quote is said when he is at the mall to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas. Ralphie gets freezes and forgets what he wants, and an over worked Santa Claus gets fed up waiting for a response. Before Ralphie can say anything, Santa sends him down the slide. Ralphie suddenly remembers what he wants, climbs back up the slide, and screams this quote at Santa Claus.
- “Oh my god, I shot my eye out!” – Narrator Ralphie . Throughout the movie “A Christmas Story” an adult Ralphie does voice over narration. This “A Christmas Story” quote is a narration from older Ralphie . It is said during the scene when Ralphie shoots his BB gun and it bounces from the target to his face. For a brief moment he thinks it really hit his eye, and panics that the adults prediction came true.
- “It was all over – I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph . Mere child’s play compared to what surely awaited me.” – Narrator Ralphie . Ralphie says a cuss word in front of his father, which gets him into hot water. His father is furious Ralphie cussed, and Ralphie knows a punishment will happen once they return home. This “A Christmas Story” quote is said as a narrator voice over by older Ralphie . It is a sarcastic, and funny quote which shows he has a great sense of humor.