Rain showers come and go almost on a daily basis during the summer months in Florida. So, what do you do at Disney World if the rain should come? I will share a list of my top 7 best ideas for dealing with the rain while vacationing at the most magical place on earth. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. You may even make a new discovery.
1. Visit Disney Quest –Disney Quest is located in Downtown Disney’s West Side. It is a 2 story interactive play zone featuring rides and video games for kids and adults. My favorites are the classic games of the early 80’s, like MS PAC Man and Donkey Kong. There are also new favorites like Buzz Lightyear’s Astro – Blaster (bumper cars that allow you to shoot balls at other riders) and the Virtual Jungle Cruise. You will be entertained here for hours. Food and drinks are available at the concession stand if you need a little pick me up.
2. Visit the AMC Theatre – This 24 screen theatre is located in Downtown Disney. Here, you can catch the latest movie you had intended to see back home. It’s a nice way to stay dry and spend time with the family. Hey, it’s also a chance to eat some pop corn and who doesn’t like that?
3. Visit one of the Disney Resorts – Is there a Disney resort you’ve longed to visit? Do it now, while it’s raining. You will be able to check out food courts, pools, lobbies and shopping all while staying dry. You may even find your next vacation stay. My husband and I did this last July and ended up booking another vacation for November at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. We even got an additional discount for booking a vacation while on a vacation.
4. Visit your Resort’s Arcade – All Disney resorts have arcades on premises. Play games and cash in tickets for great prizes like stuffed animals and candy. My favorite arcade is located in the Contemporary Resort.
5. Visit the Parks – Slip on your rain gear and head to one of the 4 Disney parks anyway. They may even be less crowded. Rides that are not covered will be closed if there is lightning, but the others should still be open. Rain ponchos are available throughout Disney World for under $10. So, go out and brave the elements!
6. Visit a Spa – Spas are located in 4 of the Disney resorts. My favorite is the Grand Floridian Spa. Here, you can enjoy a variety of services ranging from massage and facials to manicures and pedicures.
7. Grab an Ice Cream – Visit Ghirardelli Soda Fountain in Downtown Disney for that favorite ice cream treat. They serve cones, shakes and sundaes. I would do this even if it wasn’t raining.
Don’t let the rain ruin your next Disney vacation. There is still so much to see and do.
Downtown Disney’s West Side
Sun – Thurs 11:30 am to 10 pm
Fri – Sat 11:30 am to 11pm
$36. to $42.
1500 E Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Grand Floridian Spa
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain
9:30 am to 11:30 pm