If your dad is tired of getting the same boring ties and office paperweights for Father’s Day, consider thinking outside the box with these ideas. Electronic companies like to push the big stuff like television sets, computers, and gaming consoles in their Father’s Day oriented ads, but upgrading that stuff at every holiday (Christmas, birthdays, etc) isn’t economically feasible for everyone. Here are some great unique ideas that are sure to please without the outrageous price tag.
1) Beware-The-Moon.com is a company that features cool and unusual wallpaper from the UK. With cool textures like fuzzy flocked and reflective silver, the quirky but understated patterns have a chance to stand out. My personal favorite for dad is the “She” wallpaper, featuring a suggestive outline of a beautiful woman repeated subtly (available in 6 colors). Perfect for the downstairs bathroom, maybe?
2) Why buy your dad a mass-produced present when you can make him the coolest, hard-to-find gadget possible? A hidden button like the one Bruce Wayne uses to access the batcave! Requiring only a few parts, the instructions for making a really awesome hidden switch inside a bust statue are from The New Hobbyist.
3) Is your dad a smart guy? Or is he not-so-smart, but willing to laugh about it? Here’s a cute mug that’s shaped like a rubik’s cube for early morning reminiscing about the past. Whether he was the kind of guy who solved the puzzle in record time or the guy who smashed it in frustrated anger, this mug from Perpetual Kid is unique and fun. The site also features salt and pepper shakes and coasters in the same rubiks cube format.
4) If your dad is the type to like liquor, then no doubt you’ve tried getting him various bar and alcohol related gifts in the past. But since he already has three cocktail shakers and a dozen novelty shot glasses, why not get him something to make drink making super fast and easy: A four bottle liquor dispenser from Target. It holds four different bottles of liquor (dad’s choice) and dispenses a perfect shot every time. Cutting down on measuring time, parties and social evenings are bound to be successes.
5) How would your dad like to never have to pay the electric company to charge his phone or ipod again? With the power of solar energy, he might not have to. This Power Monkey solar charger is equipped with USB and other popular, exchangable heads for use in over 150 countries. The Power Monkey gets charged up with solar energy and stores it for use in ipods, mp3 players, cameras and most popular phones that use a micro-USB charger. Handheld and easy to transport, this gadget is great for dads who travel or those who are just really tight with their money!