If you are like me you love making money. But working a regular 9 to 5 job sucks. First of all, you have to drive to and from work every day. That eats up an hour of your time and hundreds of dollars per year in fuel. Not only that, but you’ll be earning a flat fee for your time. In other words, there’s a cap to how much money you can make. How’s that for restrictive?
But there is another option out there for you. It’s called creating your own home based business. By doing this, you can create a passive income stream. Think of it as a job on the side. You can do this job on your time off from work or on the weekends. You set your own hours. You decide how much to charge.
Does all of this sound too good to be true? Well I’ going to give you several ideas on what types of home based businesses you can create. After I do this the whole concept will become easier to grasp. Without further ado, let me now list the top five home based businesses.
– Personal Trainer. Are you a health nut? Are you physically fit? Do you frequent the gym quite often? If so, would you be interested in becoming a personal trainer? You can now get certified to become a personal trainer. With this certification you can offer your services to the countless people around your neighborhood who want to lose weight and get in shape. You don’t need to have a deal with a gym. You don’t even need your own office. You can simply go to peoples’ residences and do the training there.
– Tutoring Services. You have knowledge. Others want to learn. So why not become a tutor? Do you know how to play the piano or the guitar? Perhaps you can offer your services and teach someone how to play an instrument. If you’re good at math or any other school subject, you can become a private tutor and help students succeed in school. If you are bilingual you can help someone learn a new language.
– Party Planner. Do you love to party? Do you know the ins and outs of what a good party consists of? If so, perhaps you can become a party organizer. To start, you can be hired to do your family & friends children’s birthday parties. Then you can move on to bigger parties like a sweet 16 or a 50th wedding anniversary party. Once you’ve mastered the art of party planning you can plan your cousins wedding and eventually become a certified wedding planner.
– Photography. Do you love taking pictures? Perhaps you can make a business out of your love of photography. If you have a good quality camera then you’re already half way there. To start, build up a portfolio of images of parties, events, the beach, portraits and/or mountains, etc. Then you can start being hired for events done by your friends and family. To build up your portfolio you can work free of charge/donations at first. Later, you can place ads in the local paper or on Craigslist to spread the word about your services. Then as time goes you’ll start getting referrals and thus your business will grow.
– Web Design. You are already familiar with a computer and the internet, but do you know how to design a website? Do you know how to create a blog? How about how to design a logo? If you do, you can offer your web design services online. This job is truly a home based business because you never have to leave your house. You can create a website that serves as your business page. The people/companies who hire you will have no idea you’re not in a lush office building surrounded by your design team.
Do you want more advice on how to start your own online business? Read my entrepreneur blog for more ideas on how to make money online.