Summer is almost here and we are trying everything to lose that last 5 pounds before stepping into our swimsuits. I found 5 amazing moves that will help you burn extra calories, blast fat, and help shape your body. The best part? It doesn’t require you to put workout clothes on and it is something you can incorporate into your day just by changing the way you do a couple of things. Follow these 5 moves and watch those last 5 pounds come off.
1. Walking lunges ‘” instead of just walking from point A to point B, do walking lunges from point A to point B. Granted you might look a little silly walking around your office doing this exercise, but it works. Stand with your feet about six inches apart. Take a step forward with your right leg, do not let your knee go out past your toes, bend both knees at about a 90 degree angle. Keep arms at sides or on your hips to help you stay balanced. Alternate legs and do this anytime you go on a walk for at least 3 minutes at a time.
2. Dips ‘” grab your office chair or any stable chair available to you. A park bench works nicely too. Sit on the very edge of the seat with your hands holding the edge. Slide off the chair and dip using your arms to do the work. This will target the tricep area and that flabby underarm area that we all dislike. Repeat 15 times or as many times as possible working up to 15 reps. Do this a couple of times a day and you are well on your way to being more toned.
3. Stand up Sit Ups ‘” stand with your feet shoulder distance apart. Lock your hands behind your head and bring your left knee up to right elbow. Make sure to keep your back straight and look ahead. Bring your knee as far up as you can. If you can’t touch the right elbow that’s okay, bring it as close as you can. Alternate legs for a total of 50 reps. This will help your legs and abs tone up.
4. Step Squat– stand with your feet together. Starting with the left leg step to the side, bring right light over to meet left leg and squat at about a 90 degree angle at the knees. Repeat alternating legs for 30 reps. Do this just a couple of times a day and your legs will be looking good.
5. Jumping Jacks ‘” this is a great exercise to get your energy revved up during the afternoon slumps. Stand up and do 25 jumping jacks to burn a few extra calories and to get your body moving. This is a great cardio exercise and gets your heart pumping.
These are simple things you can do anywhere at anytime that will have a positive impact on your overall health and fitness.