While romance, flowers and consideration are often a part of courtship, they tend to diminish after the wedding. Wise men and women make an active effort to keep love and appreciation alive. This is a simple thing to do and husbands and wives normally know the best way to reach their spouse. It may be with a token gift, an action or a surprise call and the results can be amazing.
5 Surprise Gifts for a Spouse
Most people love to receive gifts and a surprise gift is even better. Here are some suggestions of presents that will mean something to a marriage partner:
- A tool or some supplies the person can use to pursue a favourite hobby.
- An item he or she has mentioned several times but could not justify buying for himself or herself.
- Tickets to a favorite singer’s concert or a football game.
- A personalized item such as a mug with his or her name on.
- A handwritten voucher offering to cook dinner, tidy the garage or do any task the other person needs a break from.
5 Special Actions Towards a Husband
Most men work long hours and provide well for their wives and families. These are simple ways of showing appreciation:
- Greet him with a long passionate kiss after work.
- Have his slippers ready by his chair.
- Offer him a drink once he has said hello and relaxed after work.
- Praise a husband in public and acknowledge his strengths.
- Go to a basketball game or car race with him.
5 Special Actions Towards a Wife
Women also work long hours, whether at a job or in the home. Small gestures from their husbands can give them the encouragement they need to persevere:
- Call her during the day and tell her she is very special.
- Listen carefully when she speaks and make good eye contact.
- Take her shopping and be patient.
- Make a point of remembering birthdays and anniversaries and celebrating them with her.
- Allow her some spending money just for herself.
5 Ways of Saying “I Love You”
These ideas are focused more specifically on romance and love:
- Send a romantic e-card by email.
- Call the person’s favourite radio station and ask the DJ to play a love song and dedicate it to him or her.
- Write love notes and tuck them into lunchboxes, bathroom cabinets and underwear drawers.
- Cook breakfast and serve it on a flower-laden tray.
- Produce a bowl of hot water and offer a soothing foot soak and scrub as a stress reliever.
Most men and women love receiving little surprises and with some thought and effort, it is easy to show love to a marriage partner. Most people prefer small but regular expressions of love to one extravagant expression every couple of years. Be creative, come up with a new idea every few weeks and have fun putting them into practice.