As of late, Daniel Craig has been one of the most talked about actors in Hollywood. His new film “Cowboys & Aliens” is doing well at the box office this weekend, and fans seem to be quite impressed.
Just a few of the comments posted on Twitter this weekend included:
From @Kaitlynanne: “Dear Daniel Craig, you rocked that cowboy hat!”
From @HarryHunsicker: “Daniel Craig’s granite chin should get an Oscar nom.”
From @TheNobleWife: “Daniel Craig = totally convincing Cowboy, especially for an Englishman.”
Fans loved Craig in his cowboy role, and many who had not seen him as James Bond or some of his other movies are happy to have discovered this charismatic actor. If you fall into that category, here are ten things you might want to know about Daniel Craig.
* Just last month, Daniel Craig married actress Rachel Weisz. Sorry, ladies. The pair met while filming “Dream House.” The wedding was a small, secret ceremony with just two friends, Craig’s 18-year-old daughter Ella, and Weisz’s 4-year-old son, Henry.
* Daniel has been married once before, to actress Fiona Loudon, the mother of his child, Ella. The couple has been divorced for 17 years.
* Craig was born on March 2, 1968, in Chester, England. He is a Pisces man, said to have a vivid imagination as well as sensitivity, with creativity listed as the greatest strength.
* Craig was engaged to American film producer Satsuki Mitchell. The couple broke up while Craig and Weisz were involved in “Dream House”. Rumors were flying about the real reason for the broken engagement, with many attributing the cause to Craig’s co-star in the movie, Rachel.
* Of Craig’s role in “Cowboys & Aliens,” he said ” he thought he was “a strange choice” to play a Western gunslinger, even if he had “wanted to play a cowboy for as long as I can remember.”
* Craig premiered as James Bond in 2006. He was the first Bond actor to have been born after the series started. Some of his other notable films include The Golden Compass, The Jacket, The Road to Perdition, and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.
* The 2001 role in Lara Croft gave Craig his first widespread attention, but he said that he “had a horrible time” filming it. What he really wanted to do was to be a part of either a Star Trek film or TV show.
* “Cowboys & Aliens” director, Jon Favreau, says that Craig gets to be most like himself in his role as Jake Lonergan.
* Craig said it felt “weird” to have to select a beautiful Bond girl out of a room full of hopeful ladies.
* Daniel likes the idea of rocker Alice Cooper playing the villain in a future Bond film. He said, “I thought he was a golfer. Bring him on.”