We loved a duet by these two young singers. More from them might include ones by Johnny Cash/une Carter, Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers, Dan Seals/Marie Osmond, Conway Twitty/Loretta Lynn, Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow and more.
We think the “Up on the Roof” duet on a recent “American Idol” TV show did not do justice to either Lauren Alaina or Scotty McCreery’s vocal abilities.
So we made our own list of duets we’d like to hear these two popular ‘American Idol’ finalists sing.
It just seems that some voices meld together flawlessly. These two popular American Idol finalists sounded so good together when they recently performed a duet of “I Told You So” (by Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood) that we want to hear several more duets from them.
We’ve been searching out some good duet songs on YouTube for these two extremely popular contestants to collaborate on and sing on the show.
1. The song “Islands in the Stream” comes to mind as the first duet we’d like to hear these two sing. This popular song was originally sung by the BeeGees singing group. “Islands in the Stream” was then was made popular by singers Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers.
2. Next, we’d like to see a big country favorite titled “Jackson”, duet made popular by the late Johnny Cash and his lovely wife, the late June Carter Cash..
This lively tune “Jackson” was recently brought back to life in the movie about the life of Johnny Cash “Walk the Line” with Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix singing the tune.
3. Then one of our ultra favorite duets by country singers George Jones and the late Tammy Wynette, “Golden Ring” would be our next choice.
4. A really great duet for this couple to try would be the one by David Frizzell and Shelly West titled “You’re The Reason God Made Oklahoma.” In the announcement of this duet, Kris Kristofferson says this song is ‘written for them and they are the hottest duet team around’.
5. A more contemporary version of this duet as done by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert singing “You’re the Reason God Made Oklahoma”, with a little ‘backstory’ to the first version.
6. We really like Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton’s duet “We’ve Got Tonight” and we feel like Lauren and Scotty may have the magic it takes to make this song seem real.
7. “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man” duet by the late Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn is another good duet for this couple to try out.
8. The late country singer, Dan Seals and Marie Osmond duet “Meet Me in Montana” is also a very worthy tune to consider for their duet song.
9. “Just You and I” duet by Crystal Gayle and Eddy Rabbit might inspire these two to look soulfully into each other’s eyes and make this into a hit tune.
10. The last duets we’d like to hear them sing is “The Picture” duet by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. This might just suit their voices and styles better than any of the other duets we have found so far.
If either Lauren or Scotty doesn’t make it to the finish line on “American Idol” this season, we will be greatly surprised. But the two of them can always make a career with duets since they are so good together.
‘American Idol’ TV Show, seen on FOX TV Network locally.